Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bird Sunday

Today was the Super Bowl, and I really don't care much about sports. So, today was just like any other Sunday for me, although with a lot less traffic. =) After literally getting up at 1:30 in the afternoon again (I had a hard time falling asleep; finally went to sleep at 6 am or so), I made breakfast and basked in my still-very-clean kitchen. I asked my roomie (ex-wife really; long story) about the bird store she found, hoping it's maybe closer than the one I usually go to. I got the directions and called and asked if they sell my Thommen's favorite food. They do, but in smaller bags and they're discontinuing it. Strike one for that place. Well, I decided to go to my usual shop... Then like the lazy ass I am, I started on my errands too late and realized my usual shop would close at 5 pm. So, no choice but to go to the AZ Bird Store (seriously, that's the unimaginative name of the place). Once I got there, my first impressions were: oh how nice... Sniff sniff... Hmmm they just cleaned recently. Oh look! There's a macaw on his stand! Hi there, Mr. Macaw! Well, you could be a girl, but whatevs. Oh...

 

As you can see, he was quite tired and he has a crooked beak. Not the worst I've seen, but I really hope the owners of the shop are getting him treatment for that. Otherwise, I think he's healthy, just tired. Anyways, I get the food, a small package of Tropimix and look to see their food mixes. They had a good selection, but it also looked like they have a moth problem, and they don't seem to like cleaning the cobwebs off their racks and shelves. Strike two for this place, even though I could freeze the food and kill whatever insects are living in it. I'm not going there again unless I really need to. My usual place is Tropic Zone and I really have to make it a point to go there on Saturdays.

Other than that excursion, it was just grocery shopping afterwards, phone games and a couple of Lost episodes. Oh! I haven't introduced Thommen to the blog yet. Well, I'll fix that.

Ain't he cuuuute??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment