Friday, November 22, 2019

Of Nocturnal Thoughts and Laziness


I hate being lazy. I hate it when I go to bed thinking "Tomorrow, I'm gonna do A, B, and C and then conclude with X, Y and Z and everything is going to be awesome and I'm just going to be super-productive!"... and then morning comes and I'm hitting snooze on the alarm about 10 times, struggling to find the will to make a cup of coffee.

Lately, it's been part of my depression. I know this because I'm normally not too far gone to be able to say, "Ok, I need to get up and do the things." However, over the past two weeks, all I've wanted to do is sleep. It doesn't help that my energy comes to me much later in the evening. It also doesn't help when Carmen and I have some interesting mornings where unexpected events take place. Those times rob her and I of energy and willpower. But, it's just the change of seasons combined with impending holidays that's usually triggering it.

I'm hoping to make up for some of my non-productivity (I didn't go grocery shopping or take care of my car stuff this week like I said I would) by taking the lady and I to breakfast tomorrow at her favorite diner. That will be good. =)

Oh, and I'm a night owl. That's why I'm writing this at 3 in the morning.
That's also why I get up so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment